Advocacy Campaign Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: Advocacy Campaign Manager (Jackson, MS)
Bike Walk Mississippi serves as the statewide bicycle and pedestrian advocacy organization providing a unified voice for the needs and concerns of bicyclists and pedestrians across the state of Mississippi. Funded by a grant by Advocacy Advance, Bike Walk Mississippi is launching its search for an Advocacy Campaign Manager to lead its new “Bicycle Friendly Mississippi” campaign. Join the team at Bike Walk Mississippi as we work with citizens and community leaders across the state to present the bicycle as a tool by which we can increase political engagement, awareness, ridership, health, connectivity and safety in Mississippi.
The Advocacy Campaign Manager will serve as the primary liaison for BWM’s “Bicycle Friendly Mississippi” campaign, a statewide initiative to connect officials from public agencies, businesses, nonprofits, biking and running clubs and communities to the necessary tools and resources to increase their bicycle friendliness. The Advocacy Campaign Manager will also assist in Bike Walk Mississippi’s ongoing development and fundraising projects, its campaigns and events, advocacy and legislative efforts, organizational and campaign oriented communications and media activities (such as managing advocacy E-blasts, website, database, policy decision tracking and research, media press releases, membership and community outreach) and other related administrative duties as needed.
Reports to: Executive Director
Hours: Part Time / 25 hours per week / Flexible hours
Length: One year contract. Position starts August of 2012. Renewal based on job performance and continued position funding.
Location: Open to entire state of Mississippi; Jackson area preferred. (Position may work remotely if necessary).
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- A strong belief in organizational mission, an interest in learning more about bicycle and pedestrian issues.
- Excellent computer and communication skills; self-motivated; ability to work unsupervised; organized.
- Professional or Academic experience in: Advocacy/Policy, Fundraising, Marketing/Communications, Urban Planning, Political Science, Graphic Design, Community Development, Program Planning or related fields.
- Experience working in the non-profit sector and/or experience working with biking and walking issues in MS.
- Administrative experience working with a database, creating and giving presentations, working with volunteers.
- Knowledge and experience working with elected leaders and/or agency staff in communities throughout MS.
How to Apply
This job will be closed on July 31st. Interviews will be held from Aug 1st – 10th. Applicant will start on August 15th.
To apply: Bike Walk Mississippi is an equal opportunity employer. Interested parties should send a resume and cover letter as one PDF file to: firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject: “Bike Walk Job Search”. For questions, contact Bike Walk Mississippi’s executive director at: Melodymoody@gmail.com.
1,668 total views, 2 today