StreetsPAC is a political action committee supporting candidates committed to safer and more livable streets in New York City. StreetsPAC will provide financial donations and volunteer support to candidates for city government that it endorses.
StreetsPAC is seeking an energetic, smart and polished Campaign Manager. The Campaign Manger will be responsible for the day-to-day work by StreetsPAC leadership and volunteers to help elect candidates supporting the StreetsPAC agenda. The Campaign Manager reports to the StreetsPAC Advisory Board. The applicant must be dynamic and articulate, able to succinctly convey StreetsPAC’s message to individuals and audiences, and able to organize both “grasstop” and grassroots support. Responsibilities include:
- Growing StreetsPAC’s outreach operation and build its volunteer base using traditional and online social media outreach strategies;
- Developing local tactics and field strategy for, and manage, local volunteer staffing for electoral races;
- Liaising and coordinating effectively with various candidates’ campaign staff;
- Developing tools and materials (in coordination with endorsed campaign teams) to engage StreetsPAC volunteers and donors; and
- Training volunteers in organizing, advocacy, and messaging.
Applicants should have:
- Interest in transportation, cycling, public space, land use issues and experience organizing on an advocacy campaign. Prior work building a political action committee or issue campaign– particularly local transportation or land use issues — is preferred.
- Flexibility to work on mix of administrative tasks and field organizing.
- Strong communication and writing skills and ability to work with a diverse group of people and audiences.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience.
TIME FRAME: Full-time from June 3 through September 10; then full or part time employment until November 5; and possible part-time employment thereafter.
How to Apply
Applicants should, no later than May 22, send the following to info[at]Streetspac.org, with “Campaign Manager” in the subject line of the email:
a one-page cover letter that includes three references, salary history, and a concise statement of interest in the position; and
a one-page resume listing the applicant’s most relevant work experience.
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis so please apply as soon as possible.
8,170 total views, 2 today