NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Transportation Alternatives seeks a Communications Coordinator to assist with day-to-day media operations. This position will report to the Communications Director and work with other staff to implement communications plans that advance T.A.’s mission. Daily duties include writing, copyediting, digital media management, media research, compiling press hits, contributing to media-outreach strategies, drafting press releases, assisting with media events, compiling press briefings, as well as representing T.A. to the general public.
Frequent evening and weekend engagements, as well as late nights and early mornings may be a regular part of this position. You should have experience working with a wide range of media and should be a fast and compelling writer with strong public speaking skills. Knowledge of Spanish and/or T.A.’s core issues is a plus but not required.
- At least two years’ experience working in public relations or journalism.
- Strong writing, proofreading and copyediting skills: an ideal candidate is equally at ease with press releases and catchy party invitations.
- Social media and/or digital marketing experience: able to keep on top of busy Facebook and Twitter feeds and knowledgeable of best practices.
- Research skills: able to sort through data on T.A.’s communications, spot trends, and analyze where we can improve.
- Confident in public speaking and ability to represent T.A.
- Comfortable under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Creative and innovative brainstormer.
- A commitment to T.A.’s mission to reclaim New York City streets for people.
- Really good sense of humor.
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems and/or HTML is a plus.
- Experience with composing e-mails in Convio Luminate is a desired, but not required skill.
We offer competitive salary and benefits including an employer contributed health/dental plan, a matching retirement plan, 3 weeks paid vacation, professional development opportunities, transit/bike commuter benefits and indoor bike parking. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
- Cover letter
- Three writing samples
Communications Coordinator Search
127 W. 26th Street, #1002
New York, NY 10001
job_applications [at] transalt [dot] org
Fax 212 629-8334
Transportation Alternatives is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, political orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal state or local law.
No phone calls or walk-ins please.
1,493 total views, 1 today