The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is an effective, membership-based nonprofit organization working to promote bicycling for everyday transportation. We are looking for a seasoned, highly motivated individual to direct the Coalition’s diverse fundraising efforts in support of our advocacy and programmatic work.
- Hours: Full-time position. Position will entail some work on weeknights and weekends.
- Reports to: Executive Director
- Manages: A dynamic staff of 3-4 individuals focused on development, membership, and volunteer engagement.
This is an opportunity for someone who is a proven fundraiser and passionate about making San Francisco a better place to live, work, play, and, of course, bicycle. While the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition has diverse and strong income streams, opportunities exist for even greater growth and diversification of our revenue. We are looking for a strong, creative leader in the fundraising field who will help our organization grow to the next level.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Overseeing and increasing our major gifts program; Expanding foundation grant funding;
- Collaborating with our Membership Manager to grow our membership, particularly in the areas of business membership and monthly sustainers;
- Collaborating with our Events Manager on major fundraising events throughout the year;
- Overseeing and expanding our corporate sponsorship program;
- Assessing opportunities for income growth and diversification;
- Leading an effective team focusing on membership growth, event management, and volunteer engagement efforts;
- Working directly with our Board of Directors, key supporters and sponsors, as well as organizational partners;
- Setting up effective systems and structure to support fundraising efforts;
- Playing an active role in budgeting and forecasting.
Strong candidates will demonstrate the following key qualifications:
- Have 5 years or more of progressively increasing responsibility in non-profit fundraising;
- Successful track record in soliciting gifts from individuals, foundations, and corporations, in an annual revenue setting of $1-5 million;
- Experience in staffing an Executive Director, Board, and other peer solicitors in “moves management” of major donors and prospects;
- Successful design and execution of multi-channel campaigns using direct marketing, online solicitations, social media, and related fundraising vehicles;
- Experience managing development and allied staff, including events and membership management;
- Have a commitment to and passion for the SF Bicycle Coalition’s mission;
- Successful project planning and strategy implementation;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Have CRM Software experience, preferably with Salesforce;
- Possess excellent interpersonal and networking skills;
- Have budgeting and forecasting experience;
- Team player, willing partner with program, communications and operations leadership.
Salary and Benefits: Attractive salary, benefits and annual leave compensation package. Full-time, exempt position.
How to Apply
How to Apply: Write a compelling cover letter and resume, and submit using the form on the web page listed below. Be sure to mention where you saw the job advertised. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. People of color and women are strongly encouraged to apply. The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation or political orientation.
2,286 total views, 4 today