The Executive Director is the Chief Executive Officer of Charleston Moves. S/he will report to the Board of Directors, and is responsible for adhering to our policy of constructive engagement with public officials and the public and to further advance the organization’s consistent record of achievement of its mission and financial objectives.
The Executive Director serves not only as leader for Charleston Moves, but as public spokesperson and community visionary for bicycle and pedestrian advocacy. The ED should be knowledgeable of and an effective communicator of current bicycle infrastructure design (NACTO standards, etc) and a persuasive presence with public officials.
Management duties include:
- · Work with board to establish organization’s strategic priorities and goals; facilitate staff, board and partners staying in sync and on track.
- · Plan, coordinate and lead the daily operations by outlying clear workplans that directly align with CM’s strategic plan.
- · Create and maintain effective partnerships with local leaders and national bicycle advocacy groups.
- · Direct effective financial development for Charleston Moves with feasible long-term sustainability plan. Prepare and submit annual operating budgets.
- · Enable effectiveness by facilitating the coordination between all staff and volunteers, supporting each individual in their success, and backstopping projects or tasks as needed.
- · Attend all board meetings and work closely with the board chair to set agendas and prepare reports, as required.
- · Oversee all programs, including bike-sharing (in development), membership, and special events such as Clips Beer and Film Festival.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter, resume, names and address of two references to Dr. Sandy Fowler, email: email@example.com All applications are to be submitted via email. CLOSING DEADLINE IS MARCH 15, 2014. INTERVIEWS CAN BE ARRANGED AT THE NATIONAL BIKE SUMMIT IN WASHINGTON, DC.
1,558 total views, 7 today