NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Transportation for America seeks a Legislative Associate to represent our transportation priorities on Capitol Hill, with key partners and stakeholders, and in state legislatures.
Transportation for America represents a growing coalition of civic leaders from innovative cities, towns, and regions around the country working to invest in transportation to strengthen their local economies. We advocate for transportation reform including increased local control of transportation planning and increased investments in infrastructure than boosts long-term regional prosperity.
- Represent Transportation for America and our key transportation policies on Capitol Hill
- Present and discuss transportation policies and local implications with stakeholders including mayors, regional chambers of commerce, transportation planners, businesses and equity advocates.
- Prepare legislative and policy documents related to federal, state and local transportation decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least two years of experience in legislative advocacy
- Experience with federal transportation policy
- Experience with Congress is a plus, but not required.
Transportation for America offers a competitive salary commensurate with skills and experience plus excellent benefits. This position is located in Washington, D.C.
Transportation for America is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that employers are prohibited by law from considering. Any discriminatory action can be a cause for disciplinary action.
Transportation for America also prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities and will reasonably accommodate applicants with a disability, upon request, and will also ensure reasonable accommodation for employees with a disability.
How to Apply
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to Nick Donohue at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Legislative Associate application”
Or use the form below.
1,208 total views, 1 today