Senior Web Developer
About Alta Bicycle Share:
Bicycle sharing is a sustainable, healthy, and community-based transportation option that enhances urban livability and mobility. Alta Bicycle Share is the operator of bicycle sharing systems across the country and internationally including Citi Bike (NYC), Divvy (Chicago), Capital Bikeshare (Washington, DC), Hubway (Boston), Bay Area Bike Share (SF Bay Area), CoGo (Columbus, OH), Bike Chattanooga, and Melbourne Bike Share (Melbourne, AU).
Overview of Position:
Alta’s engineering team builds software and websites that support the business and operations of running bicycle share programs. Our team is responsible for both the customer facing web sites for the systems that we run and the tools that support our operations teams in the field.
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Web Developer to join our engineering team on-site in our Portland, OR office location. Although this position is based in Portland, we will consider remote candidates who are highly qualified and able to work independently. Successful candidates will have a passion for software engineering and bike share and will provide technical know-how to maintain and enhance our technology platform to support all of our current and future bike share operations. This position reports to the Director of Technology.
Key Aspects of Position:
- Lead the development of software that powers our customer-facing bike share websites
- Work directly with operations staff in our cities to provide technology solutions to operations problems
- Work with bike sharing technology partners on ongoing API development
- Manage our web servers and the relationships with our web hosting providers
- Provide technical leadership and experience to the rest of the engineering team
- Other duties as assigned
Ruby, Sinatra, PHP (CodeIgniter with FuelCMS), LAMP, nginx, Amazon Web Services
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in web development
- Familiarity with technologies and tools used by Alta Bicycle Share
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines and in a fast paced environment
- Ability to report to work at the Portland, OR office location or have high speed internet connectivity
- This position may require hours that exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week
- This position may require standing, sitting, bending, stooping, and lifting up to 25 pounds
- This position may require limited travel
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- College degree and/or applicable technical training
- Experience supervising and/or training staff
- An interest in bike sharing is a plus!
Note: The above description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities due to the nature of work performed to accomplish Alta Bicycle Share’s Mission.
Alta Bicycle Share is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Alta Bicycle Share is a drug-free workplace.
How to Apply
Please apply online at: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=796552
1,506 total views, 46 today