StreetsMedia Development Intern
STREETSMEDIA DEVELOPMENT INTERN
New York, New York
We are seeking a StreetsMedia Development Intern for Summer/Fall 2014 (roughly mid-May through mid-December, for 20 hours per week). StreetsMedia is the online advocate for better transportation, smarter cities, and urban sustainability, and includes our nationally recognized websites Streetsblog and Streetfilms. StreetsMedia is currently diversifying our funding strategy to engage multiple foundation funders, individual and major donors, and corporate sponsors and advertisers, and this internship will be an integral part in supporting this effort. In this economic climate, nonprofit fundraising is more important than ever, and the fundraising and business development skills you will gain from this internship are in high demand on the job market. This internship offers a weekly stipend of $55, and offers many benefits including a beautiful SoHo office, unlimited snacks, and a great group of dedicated colleagues.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Projects may include, but will not be limited to:
- Research and report on prospective funding opportunities from foundations and corporations
- Assist with community and major donor fundraising events
- Track donations in donor database and generate acknowledgment letters in a timely manner
- Assist with development, planning, and implementing direct mail and email communications
- Assist with writing and design of quarterly eNewsletters
- Assist with gathering, collating, and submitting proposals and reports to funders
- Administrative support such as filing, data entry, etc.
- Perform additional tasks as necessary
- Strong communication skills and writing ability
- Superb attention-to-detail, organization skills, and multi-tasking abilities
- HTML knowledge preferred, but not required
- Interest in nonprofit development/fundraising, marketing and sales, nonprofit management, or urban sustainability and transportation issues
GOALS OF THE INTERNSHIP
- To become knowledgeable about the different sectors of fundraising in nonprofits
- To learn about communication with and cultivation of donors and funders
- To contribute to StreetsMedia and our mission
Streetsblog and Streetfilms are produced by OpenPlans, a 501c3 nonprofit. Check us out at streetsblog.org and streetfilms.org.
How to Apply
Apply by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Intern”.
734 total views, 53 today