Position: Transportation Planner
Location: Transportation Authority of Marin in San Rafael, CA
Salary: $77,709 (may be higher Depending on Qualifications)
Apply By: 5:00pm PST, Sunday, February 23, 2014
This is an at-will position that offers the successful candidate an exciting opportunity to join a unique agency at the hub of transportation issues and services in Marin County. Under the direction of the Planning Manager, the incumbent will perform professional level planning, analysis, and program administration for multi-modal transportation initiatives, which may include the congestion management plan, the Safe Routes to School program, the Electric Vehicle program and travel demand modeling. TAM’s Transportation Planning team works closely with regional transportation agencies in support of transportation and transit planning efforts by Marin Transit, the Sonoma-Marin Area Rail Transit, and Metropolitan Transportation Commission. A Planner may also represent the Authority on planning and policy issues with public and multi-jurisdiction groups.
The ideal candidate for this position will be team-oriented and self-motivated, and have demonstrated experience performing professional transportation planning activities. Expertise in transportation planning; and familiarity with congestion management plans, and traffic modeling is required. Experience and skills overseeing the implementation of programs such as Safe Routes to School and Electric Vehicle promotion are essential.
Typical duties may include:
- Maintain the Congestion Management Plan (CMP).
- Coordinate with County staff to secure travel demand modeling data for congestion management.
- Review of local improvement plans for consistency with the CMP.
- Manage and monitor Measure A and Measure B Safe Routes to School initiative, specifically the multiyear contract to deliver programs and services in local school communities
- Implement Measure B programs to promote alternative fuel vehicles.
- Monitor the activities of regional agencies, including BAAQMD, MTC and ABAG, particularly as related to electric vehicle programs and potential funding.
- Monitor the development of Station Area Plans at Sonoma Marin Area Rail Transit (SMART) station sites in Marin.
- Manage transportation planning activities, and manage or serve as a member of multi-disciplinary teams and as liaison for various committees.
- Collect, analyze, and evaluate factual data; prepare written and graphic material for reports; and make public presentations regarding transportation projects
Equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in an closely-related discipline such as transportation planning, city and regional planning, civil engineering, economics, or public administration for consideration at either level. To be considered at the Senior Transportation Planner level, applicants must have at least two years of professional planning experience, with at least one year of experience directly in transit and/or transportation planning. A Master’s degree in a closely related field is desirable.
How to Apply
Please find more detailed position information and our online recruitment process at CalOpps.org under Local Government Services/ Regional Government Services (https://www.calopps.org/profile_agency.cfm?id=74). Online applications and the required supplemental questionnaire should be completed through the CalOpps site for consideration.
Applications/resumes received online will be screened according to the qualifications outlined in this posting. The most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview the week of March 3, 2014. Finalists will be asked to provide references and undergo a background check to verify information supplied in the application materials. Please apply by February 23, 2014.
1,046 total views, 14 today